The new, long waiting iOS7 will be available to iPhone, iPad and iPod touch starting 18th September 2013. The software update is free. The new iOS has a completely redesigned user interface.
What's new in iOS7
- Totally new re-designed user interface but still feel instantly familiar.
- Control Center - give quick access to the frequently used function in iOS like switch Airplane mode, turn on/off wifi and adjust the brightness of the display.
- Enhanced Multitasking - a more easier and convenience way to switch between application, close them and preview the running application.
- New filters in the camera which you can add effects to your photo.
- New "Photos" which groups your photos into collections and years.
- AirDrop - a Mac OSX feature is now introduced in iOS - allow you quickly share photos, videos, contacts and any thing from Apps with your friends nearby using bluetooth and wifi.
- Safari - new smart, unified search and new tab view.
- iOS in the car which allow you to connect your iPhone 5 and interact with it using the car’s built-in display and controls or Siri Eyes Free.
The "Mail" program in iOS is a very good email client. I'm using it to write and read emails from my Gmail account. By default, when you are using Gmail in the Mail program, you can only archive the emails.
After sometime you have subscribed to a Calendar, you may find that the events in the calendar no longer relevants. In this case, you can unsubscribe the calendar and subscribe another new one.
This is a very simple way to add all the public holiday in year 2013 in Malaysia.
- Open the following website in your Safari browser in your iPhone or iPad: http://www.icalshare.com/calendars/6008#
- When the page is loaded, click the "Subscribe to Calendar" on the page.
- Press the "Subscribe" button.
Tata! The calendar is now in your iPhone or iPad's calendar.
You can browse through the iCalShare website to find out the calendar that you are interested in.
Thanks to "doraehmon" for creating and sharing this calendar.
I was figuring out how to add a hidden SSID wireless network to my wireless adapter installed in my PC which is running Windows XP so that I can connect to public Internet. Oh yes, I'm still using an old computer in my work office.
Unlike in Windows 7 or IOS, there is no easy way to do this. In my iPhone, it is pretty self guided. With just a few click, you have added a new connection.
I bought a Raspberry Pi last few weeks and decided to use OpenELEC as a test ground for this little piece of PC. OpenELEC or Open Embedded Linux Entertainment Center is a small Linux distribution built from scratch as a platform to turn your computer into a complete XBMC media center.
I faced some problem. I cannot find the image mentioned in the OpenELEC WIKI page. And the "Installing OpenELEC On Raspberry Pi" guide is partially incomplete, some steps is missing out.
Facebook has rolled out the new updates for its Facebook Messeger for iOS platform. You can now call your friend in Facebook for free. But this feature is only limited to United State Users only.
Not long ago, the giant software company, Microsoft has paid $8. billion to acquire the voice over IP software company, Skype. Microsoft then has decided to discontinue it's one of the most popular chatting software in the world and merge all the Microsoft Windows Messenger user into Skype's database. It's now the time for the user to move on to integrate their account to Skype domain.
Microsoft has just launched it's latest Windows version named Windows 8 on 26 October 2012. It is an operating system designed for desktops, tablets, laptops and home theatre PC.
What is the next thing to do after you have taken a picture on your mobile phone? To me, I may need to edit, add effect and store it to somewhere safely. Making modification to a photo in phone may make the photo even look worse. What we need is to have a good software to do this.
Photoshop is very well know this photo editing. It is a good news that Photoshop software is now available in Android operating system. The Photoshop version for Android mobile is called Photoshop.com Mobile App.